15 Fun Ways to Celebrate National Beverage Day with Kids!
Planning on celebrating National Beverage Day with the kids this year and looking for some fun activities? We can help! Our list of 15 ways to celebrate National Beverage Day, on May 6, with your family should make for a delicious, educational, and fun day!
Now, before we get to the list, one way we celebrate National Beverage Day on May 6, and every other national day throughout the year during our homeschool day, is to do a quick writing prompt! Depending on the day, a quick National Day writing prompt will take my boys no more than 10 minutes to do and serves as a fun way to chat about the national day theme for the day! Whether you’re homeschooling your kids, teaching elementary-level students, or just looking for a fun way to get them writing, you should totally check out our National Day writing prompts for May and every month of the year!
Ok, ready for some fun ways to celebrate National Beverage Day with kids this year? We’ve got plenty of ideas for you! National Beverage Day is meant to enjoy your favorite beverages. Whether they be hot or cold, homemade or purchased from a store, use this day to celebrate your favorite beverages! These suggestions are family-friendly (read: alcohol free), but feel free to celebrate National Beverage Day on your own after the kids are in bed!
15 Ways to Celebrate National Beverage Day with Kids on May 6!
- Have each family member choose a preferred beverage. Then, survey friends and family members to see which of those beverages they prefer.
- Make some homemade lemonade!
- Visit a fast food restaurant that has a self-serve beverage dispenser and create your own concoctions.
- Make your own fizzy drinks at home with a SodaStream!
- Visit your local coffee shop and try out a new-to-you beverage!
- Celebrate National Beverage Day by making a homemade milkshake.
- Do a “blind” beverage tasting and try to guess the beverage.
- Order some beverages that are not typically available in your area and try them out! You might consider getting some of the following:
- Make your own frozen beverages at home! In the summer, I’ll blend up ice, water, and some flavored syrup. My kids call them “fancy drinks.” This Skinny Syrup Unicorn flavors is one of our favorites.
- Set up a lemonade stand and collect money for a charity.
- Make hot chocolate! Even better – try different flavors of hot chocolate!
- Drink water! We struggle with drinking enough water each day, so having a family water drinking challenge could be beneficial!
- Head to Google to learn about the history of your favorite beverages.
- Beverages are a liquid, so take today as an opportunity to learn about the different states of matter!
- Celebrate National Beverage Day by raising a toast at a meal. Give thanks for something, share something that makes you happy, etc.
I bet there are SO many more fun ways you and your kids could celebrate National Beverage Day, but….really…do you want to be reading an article all day or would you rather be enjoying some of your favorite….and new favorite…beverages together?
That’s what I thought! If you have any other ways you and your family like to celebrate National Beverage Day, send me an email! I’d love to hear your suggestions and might even add them to the list!
I hope you have a blast celebrating National Beverage Day on May 6 with the kids! As always, feel free to share any photos or tag That Homeschool Family on Instagram or Facebook. We’d love to see how your family was able to celebrate National Beverage Day together!