Free Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program for Homeschoolers Encourages Reading
Homeschooling parents! Sign your kids up for the free Pizza Hut BOOK IT! program and they’ll be reading and enjoying free pizza in no time!
I am ALL for any incentives to encourage my kids to read. I’ve tried sticker charts, have offered a monetary “prize” for each book read, and have even offered new toys in exchange for reading books. For whatever reason, my ways of trying to get my kids to read just don’t seem to work as well as free pizza.
I mean, I get it. Pizza Hut pizza is delish. When I order Pizza Hut pizza for my family after a long week (read: long Monday), I swear everyone in our home cheers. My husband and I usually share a Hawaiian pizza because we’re #teampineappleonpizza and the boys will get bacon on their pizza. It’s certainly a treat in our home!
Now, when you sign your kids up for the free Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program, you’re pretty much guaranteeing at least one pizza night (aka “Mom and Dad aren’t cooking tonight” night) a month in your home. After all, didn’t we all do our best to earn those free personal pan pizzas in the 90s? Our kids are no different.
Free Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Details
- open to kids ages 4-12 (Pre-K through 6th grade)
- currently running October 1 through March 31
- kids can participate in the Summer Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program, too!
- parents set a monthly reading goal for their kids and keep track through the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! website.
- kids can earn up to 6 free, one-topping Personal Pan Pizza certificates during the program
- redeem certificates (1 per child, per month) at restaurants or have delivered with minimum purchase requirement met
When it comes to finding books for kids to read, there are plenty of options out there. Even better? There are SO many low-cost options available to homeschooling families these days. You’ll definitely want to check out these articles for more info:
13 Ways to Get Cheap or Free Books for Kids
Will your kids be participating in the free Pizza Hut BOOK IT! reading program this year? Let us know! I’ll be sharing photos of my kids (and their free pizzas!) on Facebook and Instagram, so be sure to give us a follow over there, too!
Until next time, stay safe and enjoy quality time with your family!