17 Fun Ways to Celebrate National Brothers and Sisters Day with Kids!
Planning on celebrating National Brothers and Sisters Day with the kids this year and looking for some fun activities? We gotchu! Our list of 17 ways to celebrate National Brothers and Sisters Day, on May 2, with your family should make for some memorable family fun!
Now, before we get to the list, one way we celebrate National Brothers and Sisters on May 2, and every other national day throughout the year during our homeschool day, is to do a quick writing prompt! Depending on the day, a quick National Day writing prompt will take my boys no more than 10 minutes to do and serves as a fun way to chat about the national day theme for the day! Whether you’re homeschooling your kids, or just looking for a fun way to get them writing, you should totally check out our National Day writing prompts for May and every month of the year!
Ok, ready for some fun ways to celebrate National Brothers and Sisters Day with kids this year? We’ve got plenty of ideas for you! Since National Brothers and Sisters Day is meant to specifically celebrate the bond between siblings, many of the activities are meant for one more kids. However, if your child does not have a sibling, but still wants to celebrate Brothers and Sisters Day, that is TOTALLY ok! Feel free to use this opportunity to celebrate the bond they have with cousins, friends, etc. in place of a sibling!
17 Fun Ways to Celebrate National Brothers and Sisters Day with Kids on May 2!
- Read some books about siblings together! Better yet? WRITE your own book about siblings together.
- Play a board game together.
- Watch a movie together or start a new series together. We’re big fans of the Marvel movies!
- Get out the paints and canvases and paint portraits of each other.
- Try making a new recipe together!
- Make a list of the similarities and differences between siblings.
- Take some funny photos together!
- Make a list of all their sibling’s positive qualities.
- Get out the baby photo albums and try to guess who’s who in the photos.
- Reminisce by telling stories from spending time together in the past.
- Celebrate National Brothers and Sisters Day by playing a video game together.
- Make an Acrostic Poem of your sibling’s names.
- Write and perform an original song about your sibling!
- Go shopping and purchase a gift for your sibling. Make it a challenge by limiting the purchase to a certain dollar amount and/or only allowing a certain amount of time.
- Have a scavenger hunt together!
- Start a Siblings Time Capsule! Write down why you love your sibling and put it inside a container. Bury or hide the container until the next Brothers and Sisters Day when you can add to the time capsule.
- Take a trip to a favorite place together! If possible, make this a yearly tradition!
I bet there are SO many more fun ways you and your kids could celebrate National Brothers and Sisters Day, but….really…do you want to be reading an article all day or do you want to be enjoying a day filled with family fun?!
That’s what I thought!
I hope you have a blast celebrating National Brothers and Sisters Day on May 2 with the kids! As always, feel free to share any photos or tag That Homeschool Family on Instagram or Facebook. We’d love to see how your family was able to celebrate National Brothers and Sisters Day together!