17 Fun Ways to Celebrate National No Socks Day with Kids!
Planning on celebrating National No Socks Day with the kids this year and looking for some fun activities? We can help! Our list of 17 ways to celebrate National No Socks Day, on May 8, with your family should make for a day of sock-free family fun!
Now, before we get to the list, one way we celebrate National No Socks Day on May 8, and every other national day throughout the year during our homeschool day, is to do a quick writing prompt! Depending on the day, a quick National Day writing prompt will take my boys no more than 10 minutes to do and serves as a fun way to chat about the national day theme for the day! Whether you’re homeschooling your kids, teaching elementary-level students, or just looking for a fun way to get them writing, you should totally check out our National Day writing prompts for May and every month of the year!
Ok, ready for some fun ways to celebrate National No Socks Day with kids this year? We’ve got plenty of ideas for you! Since National No Socks Day is meant to celebrate feeling the earth beneath your feet and giving your tootsies some freedom, you’ll notice most of these suggestions have to do with shoes…or lack therof.
17 Fun Ways to Celebrate National No Socks Day with Kids on May 8!
- Live close to the beach? Head on over and walk on the sand barefoot!
- Make some footprint art!
- Get yourself a new pair of flip flops or sandals!
- Get a pedicure.
- Celebrate National No Socks Day by walking outside barefoot.
- Prepare for tomorrow and get yourself a new pair of socks.
- Treat those feet to an at-home foot massage.
- DIY a spa day with some time in a foot bath.
- Get some nail polish and try your hand at toenail art.
- Have some relay races outside…barefoot, of course!
- Read The Foot Book together.
- Celebrate National No Socks day by learning the science behind stinky feet.
- Make some stepping stones for the garden!
- Play a game of football with your friends or family. (Get it? Couldn’t resist!)
- Try some Limburger cheese! It’s rumored to smell like feet!
- Have a family member make a chalk outline of your body on the ground. Then, measure your height in “feet”! (Crayola brand chalk is one of our favorites – their colors are so vibrant!)
- Write a silly poem about your feet.
I bet there are SO many more fun ways you and your kids could celebrate National No Socks Day, but….really…do you want to be reading an article all day or would you rather be off enjoying a day of fun with the family?
That’s what I thought! If you have any other ways you and your family like to celebrate National No Socks Day, send me an email! I’d love to hear your suggestions and might even add them to the list!
I hope you have a blast celebrating National No Socks Day on May 8 with the kids! As always, feel free to share any photos or tag That Homeschool Family on Instagram or Facebook. We’d love to see how your family was able to celebrate National No Socks Day together!
Elizabeth Dukart is a proud Georgia-based born and raised Jersey Girl, wife, and mom of 2 human boys & 1 canine boy.
Created in 2021, Elizabeth owns and publishes That Homeschool Family: a free resource for homeschooling parents and beyond! A seasoned blogger, Elizabeth previously published a popular location-specific family resource blog, but decided to “Pivot!” her blogging focus after she started homeschooling her two boys in 2020. In addition to this blog, you can follow Elizabeth’s homeschooling and family adventures on Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest. She can also be found in her Facebook Group: That Homeschool Family Hangout.
When she’s not busy taking over the world or homeschooling, Elizabeth can be found listening to music (especially The Beatles & Harry Styles!), being silly with her boys, watching movies with family, shopping, or traveling!
Have a question or want to work with Elizabeth? Send her an email!